Sunday, March 14, 2010
Holy Virgin Protection Church
Around 1949 the first group of Russian families came to live in Nyack. Five years later they bought several lots on Prospect Avenue and fund raising for their church began. Every family member worked to build their church-- everything from digging the foundation to the last beautiful decorative details. Three years later, the church was completed.